Wednesday, August 30, 2006

This is an alternate universe

I'm excited about college football starting up this weekend. Most notably notre dame and georgia tech. Embarrassingly excited.

I "reprimanded" one of my employees yesterday, and didn't feel bad afterwards. (Ok, I did a little bit, but I never questioned if I was right or not, because I knew I was.)

I lost 3 pounds.

I've been "seeing" someone for about 2 weeks and I haven't slept with him yet. Actually haven't kissed him, either.

I don't want to speak too soon but living at home sucks (obviously), but not as hard as I though it would. Should have done it long time ago.

Not saying these are milestones for me, but these are about 4 things that I know I would not have said or did last year. Things can't change in a day, but now you can make the change to start handling them differently, that's what she tells me.

I am definately leaving my job in January. I actually believe myself when I say that now. I'm filling out the leave of absence form today, thank god.

To summarize, I don't feel so much like a walking open wound anymore. The basic emotions are still there, but its not as prevalent as it used to be. What I didn't expect is how much of a struggle it is. I knew that making this change would take this much work, and also how long it would take. But I'm doing it, so I can sleep at night, and feel better about me. Actual me, not just physical me.

**Running off to say personal affirmations now**

No comments: