Tuesday, March 20, 2007

God I Know

March 20. God I know. So much to talk about so little time. I was actually going to end this blog until I read the comment on my last one, so thank you Erica and dammit I'm at it again.

Here's very, very brief synopsis.

*Staying with Loverboy. It sucks. He's a hoe. He is letting me stay in his house but he's still a hoe. Came to the realization that I was part of his stable of hoes. Panic attacks. Sleepless nights.
Harder than I thought it was going to be. Mood swings like a pregnant bitch.

*I am not going home, at least not now. Currently a receptionist at a talent agency. Its temp, but its money. Moms and Pops been suprisingly supportive about the whole thing. I guess they knew it was coming.

*I understand completely why people stay at their jobs for 25-30 years. Quitting your job to follow your dream is ridicioulsly hard. People live in their cars to do this, and I'm dangerously close. I'm not saying quit, but make sure its something you
really want to do first.

*Thank the lord Jesus Christ in heaven for therapists. Because without mine, I would have probably went home and hid under my bed for a month. If your thinking about it, don't think, go. Because if you get a good one, it could save your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome! I'm glad that you did not end this blog! If you are busy, you should post at least once a week. I'd really like to hear your views on, well, everything--you are a thinker so I know that you will not feed us bullshit. I want to know what you feel about Jennifer Hudson and Oprah and Angelina Jolie, I want to hear what you have to say about that is going on.

I've read every single entry and comment on this site, you had/have a following and you should try to recapture that. I mean it. I have you bookmarked and check back often--even if it is to reread that brilliant article on Tyra!

Please don't give this up! In a world full of insanity, we need you, we need a voice of reason!

a said...

I really do think you did the right thing by going to LA. You'd be kicking yourself HARD for the rest of your life. I'm so proud of you for having the cajones to go after what you want. I don't know many people who would actually follow through on such a big plan--most of us are just big talkers and dreamers.

The first few months are always the hardest. It took me several months for me to get acclimated to Knoxville, and there isn't that much cultural shock difference from Alabama (although I like to pretend so sometimes).

Miss you, sweetie. Hang in there.