Monday, June 11, 2007

I need some help....

So maybe you all can help me.

I'm seeing someone...blah, blah, I know don't get your panties in an uproar it ain't all that. When I met him, I didn't feel that overwhelming attraction that I usually feel with guys I "like". He said all the right things. I heard from his friends that he was a really good guy. He has a good job, his own place, and no kids. Hallelujah.

The bad. He was engaged 3 months ago. His fiance all but left him at the altar. He's not over it. He drinks everyday. So far in the past 3 weeks I've known him, he's stood me up twice, I had to push him off me on our first outing because he was a little to drunk and got too handsy (for which he slept in the car for), and I actually had to buy drinks yesterday because he got too drunk and lost his credit card. Sounds like a winner, huh.

It's pretty obvious he's not over that girl. It's lonely out here, so I'm trying to be patient as possible. Right now, I'm trying to figure out if i'm going to break up with him via voicemail, passive aggressive not returning phone calls, or tell him straight to his face. I've never dumped someone in their face before. I practiced my speech too, it goes something like this:

"I really like you a lot, so this is really hard for me. But it seems like your head isn't in this. Maybe some other time when you're ready to try this for real."

Sounds good right? I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he sounds like he's trippin! I would say POOR GUY, but WHY did he get left by the ex I wonder? My man hatin side says he probably deserved it. But he sounds like he's taking it pretty hard. I would suggest having your talk face to face. It is very empowering to take the upper hand with no apologies. You know, tell him you have found his behavior disrespectful, and though you like him, he needs to come at you when he can come correct! :) ~Juli

a said...

I'm with S. because he waited for me to recover from a really bad breakup. I acted exactly how this guy is acting...I'm not saying you should be tolerant, but Shawn got me through my rough time. And that's how I feel in love with him.

Our wedding is in nine days.

cookie21204 said...

Awww... damn you anne-marie, now that makes me reconsider everything, god..

cookie21204 said...

oh and congrats!!!