Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My New Plan

It had to come to me, and it did so this is what I'm going to do.
I have some money, (this is why God told me to stay at the University for 5 years, sick time check, and retirement fund) its not a whole lot but enough to get me thinking. If I'm not gone from here by the time I move which is November, I'm putting in the two weeks. I'm really unhappy. I can't do anything, i'm totally trapped. I can't just leave when I need to in order to a i.e. look for a job I want, or pursue any sort of acting interest. This is why I moved here, and I think God giving me that money is trying to tell me something.

I'm not going to be rash, because its hard to find a job here. But your thoughts are a little clearer, when you have just a tad more financial stability.

Please give your thoughts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the money can cover your expenses for three months go forward with your dreams and goals and if you can save most of the money you make between now and November you really should do it. Your happiness is what is most important, and you need your sanity to be intact. Good Luck!!!

Ms. T

a said...

I agree with the above comment. Planning is important--and even if you don't have a job yet, you need to be sure that you can sleep at night when you're unemployed and not be worried to death about bills; that'll cause you nothing but unhappiness. Have you thought about trying to get fired so you can collect unemployment? It's not a lot, but it's not a bad idea--simply means that you can't use that company on your resume, which isn't that awful. There are always jobs to be had, so if push comes to shove I'm sure you can find something in the mean time. Good luck, sweetie. I miss you!

a-m

Anonymous said...

Do what you gotta do to pursue what you went to LA to do. Just make sure you can actually afford to stay for a while.

cookie21204 said...

Thank you all so much for your input! All of your suggestions are great! I won't be unemployed by the way, I would he working at my part-time job full time, but its a drastic paycut.
And that getting fired thing is a very intriguing suggestion anne-marie.

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to read more information:

http://www.edd.ca.gov/uirep/uimer.htm

Made sure to find you California Law. Can't guarantee that would win you a home run, but if you're going to be completely severing ties with that workplace, I say go for it. It's resourceful. Always take advantage of govt programs when you can...your ass is going to be paying taxes the rest of your life anyway!

Anonymous said...

Ooops...I should have read what you wrote better. You can't file then, or it's fraud and those are some people you don't want to piss off.

Sorry!

cookie21204 said...

thanks anyway!!