Sunday, June 05, 2011

I Go to the Movies By Myself

I go the movies by myself, quite a bit. According to my best friend this is unusual, but I never really had a problem with it. I went to see X-men first class, yesterday (awesome, by the way) because I couldn't find any one to go see it with me, so I just went. Whenever I have a full day to myself, my favorite thing to do is to buy a ticket online, buy a hot dog, nachos, and an icee (and sometimes milk duds), pig out and go see a movie. My best friend thinks this is strange. Not strange in the way that is a unusual human behavior, but strange in the way that this ritual is the way I sort of celebrate my own alone-ness. A man friend told me once that a movie date is considered a romantic thing.... Really?

Are the movies really supposed to be considered a romantic thing?
I'm not sure, I've done quite a few unromantic things to men in movies.

And yes, the movies are full of couples, but I really don't understand it. Still at 32. Maybe I will eventually.

It's another thing to go to dinner by myself. That's sad, I am not doing that. That is just a spotlight highlighting your beacon of lonlieness. I mean you really get to know someone at dinner, their eating habits, what they like to eat, or the absolute make or break for me which is how well they tip. Bad tipper, no go. Plus, no restaurant in the world is that damn good that I would actually sit down and eat there alone with a room full of people, where instead I can just get it to go.

No comments: