Thursday, September 08, 2005

VMA's: I know I'm late.

I know I'm late with my view on the VMA's but I've been having issues lately okay

I know you all saw the VMAs last week, and yes Diddy, or Shiddy as I like to call him hosted the event and he was terrible. Did you seriously expect anything better? My question is why is this man still famous, seriously. Nobody likes him. He had some recognition before as a record producer, but now he's just famous because he throws a lot of parties. He has that Sean John line, but I don't think anybody wears Sean John anymore. He has Making the Band, but...that doesn't really say much now does it. I felt sorry for the white people there. I knew when he brought Luke and his dancers out on stage, or Uncle Luke as he is known by now; that the worst was yet to come.

I have to come to the conclusion recently that I hate Ciara. She is the living breathing reason of what is wrong with music now. You take a regular looking girl, slap some long european weave into her hair, give her some catchy ass songs that feature established highly recogizable artists and Bam!!! You have an instant star. Her A&R knew something was terribly wrong when Missy and Luda on her second and third singles. I'm not hating at all, but my non-dancing, non-singing ass could have come out singing 1,2 Step and I would be on a song with Bow Wow right now. Not that I would want to be with Bow Wow, but trust me that boy about 5"3, she don't wanna be with him either.
Oh yeah, what put Ciara over the top is that she can dance. If you think about it there are not that many females that come out very often that can pop it like she can. She better get used to it, the clock is ticking on her, her next album will be shit, and she will be holding up a sign standing next to Ginuine that says "Will pop it for food."

Its also gotten to the point when Destiny's Child's name is mentioned for an award they only show Beyonce's face. I know that Beyonce's the star and everything but I mean damn, they all sang on the song, they all were in the video can we at least get a little peripheral vision going on? The only time they show Kelly and Michelle is when Beyonce is talking to them. Michelle even got a gap endorsement bless her "fucked up nose" little heart. But nooo, the nominee is "Lose my Breath" by Destiny's Child, cut to a fake surprise Beyonce reaction shot. I guess nobody makes a big deal about mentioning the other two anymore, and I guess they're used to it.

Jessica Simpson was extremely coked out on stage and looked like a hooker. I just had to point that out. Nobody said anything.

(Sidebar:They should really stop publishing these stars' diet secrets and exercise tips in the magazines. Its false advertising. All these bitches stay skinny through coke and or cigarettes, all of them, period. Even some of the white girls you know)

Other highlights

-Alicia Keys looked really pretty, I wonder does ProActiv really work.

-Even though Mariah Carey is psycho, I'm glad she's doing well. She can sing and sells records even though she looks like a drag queen. The back of her dress was open during her performance.

-Green day has a really good album, they deserve every award they get.

-I'm glad Kelly Clarkson beat Gwen Stefani, I like them both, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Kelly because she can blow.

-She has also recently become my fitness inspiration because that bitch got in shape, for real.

-Usher looked mildly borderline semi-attractive for once.


Lowlights

-Sadly, the BET awards were far more entertaining. MTV tries way too hard to be cutting edge and they shouldn't. Just show Laguna Beach all day long, you'll be fine.

-I think the Ciara/Bow Wow thing is front because Ciara is really dating Missy. Did you see the way Missy was looking at her when she held her hand on stage? Like she was a steak dinner. There have always been rumors that Missy sleeps with the girls that she "works with", i.e. Tweet, Trina, Nicole Ray and I'm sorry, but Aaliyah has been mentioned, too.

-It was too damn long, shit 3 hours plus and they passed out awards before the show. MTV, you want to be cutting edge, shorten your shit.

-All of the celebrities in the audience looked pissed off.

- Hilary Duff needs to eat.

-Puffy's career is way over; even more than I thought it was. And I love Biggie and all but did he have to have his umpteenth tribute to him for a segment that was way over the top? This is now officially exploitation. His next step is broadcasting him trying to bring Biggie back from the dead.

1 comment:

a said...

I enjoyed that.