Saturday, June 24, 2006

I Get Stood Up a Lot

I get stood up a lot. A lot.

Most of time it happens, when I meet some guy whether it be out in public, or other places (okay, the internet) and they contact me saying that they want to meet me. Usually the first suggestion is that they want to come over my house, or they want me to come over theirs, to which I say no. I often suggest that they meet me somewhere, like somewhere for coffee or something.

So lets take for example, last night. Unfortunately, yes, I have a myspace. And until, about last week, I had absolutely no idea that it should be retitled "Ass-gettin' central" because I did not have a clue that it was hook up city. I get messages on there all the time from men, questionable ones at best, who want to...you know.

Well, about 2 days ago it was different. One who contacted me was actually really cute, dare I say gorgeous. Not that looks should ever matter in the grand scheme of things, but we're just talking about sex here, not planning an engagement party. Anyway, we talked non-stop for two days on myspace. Some words were dirty, some not.

Turns out he lives here, about 5 minutes away from my job to be exact. So I got fed up with all the dirty talk and started hinting around about us meeting to see what he would do. Not expecting much, because I've been through this before and knew that if he had even the smallest feeling that wasn't getting ass, he wouldn't show up.

There's a coffee shop and a movie rental place right behind that I usually hit up about every Friday after work, so I told him to meet me there. So I wouldn't be going out of my way or anything. He was all, "Yeah baby, I can't wait until 9, I don't know if I'm going to make it that long." Yeah, okay.

So I went and got my green tea anyway as planned, no phone call, no guy, no big deal. It was fun while it lasted, kept me entertained for at least 2 days so that was a plus.

The last time this happened was some dude I met at the gas station, who kept going on about how pretty I was and he needed a good, clean girl. Yeah, okay. I told him I had a boyfriend so he can back off, but I gave him my number anyway, just to see what would happen, who cares? I'm too hard on dudes, anyway, need to give a couple a break. If not, caller ID and call blocking exists for a reason right?

He called me and leaves me a message saying that he would like to see me tonight. All right, you want to see me so bad, I'm going to Taco Bell to eat during lunch, at 12, during the day... meet me then. I went, ate my two taco supremes, no dude, no phone call.

And do you know, that fool called me 2 weeks later leaving me non-stop messages saying "Ooh, I just have not stopped thinking about you, you remember me, I would love to come over your house."

Okay, you straight up stood me up, dude. You probably did it knowing you a) forgot, because it wasn't a priority to you or b) you knew you would have to work for ass.

Whatever.

4 comments:

The G Perspective said...

hit me up on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/thequotgquotperspective

Anonymous said...

"Usually the first suggestion is that they want to come over my house, or they want me to come over theirs..."

That's just crazy, straight up B.

AnxiousAnnie said...

i got fucking stood up tonight.. he is leaving to move back to tampa tomorrow and we have had a wonderful time... he is 4th year med student doing rotations so i know hes busy.but he PROMISED he would call and let me know what is up for tonight.. if he got out of the hospital early enough.. NOTHING! how humiliating..hate men

Salima Hayek said...

Guys stand up girls as some sort of vengeance for all the time girls stand up guys. Girls disregard men's feelings WAY more than the vice-versa. Think, when was the last time you treated a guy as more than just a tool to make yourself feel special? It happens - guys hurt girls because they've been hurt. Perhaps start treat men as if they have feelings, and maybe Karma will take over ;).