Thursday, July 14, 2011

Married People Problems

Sometimes honestly I am really okay with being single, but there are time when I really hate it. I mean hate it. Today I had one of those times. I went to lunch with 2 of my 4 bosses today. Both married and young. One the husband's actually showed up and him and his wife we're literally eating off each other's plates. I would stab a bitch before I let my husband eat off my plate. The conversation went a little something like this.

Here is them talking about their summer plans.

"Oh, did you book that hotel in Hawaii that we recommended to you?"
"We sure did. We're going at the end of October."
"You'll love it, we stay there about twice a year."
"So excited."
"We're going to actually do a backpacking trip this year, Yosemite I think. Or Mexico. We're still deciding. We're really over Hawaii, we're always there."

If it one thing that's worse than your single ass being at a table full of married couples, it's being at a table with young married couples with money.

Here's the conversation I had with my girlfriend last night about a dude she just met on the internet.

"You might like him. He seems fine."
"You said that about the last one, and you see what happened there."
"If he wasn't crazy, you would still be together."
"He's very open about sex, I'm a little scared that he'll want to do it too quick when I meet him."
"Girl, please bring cash and drive. And leave when he's in the bathroom just in case he's psycho."
"I always do."

Ugh. F-- my life. Why does society equate a woman who is single with being a loser? This is why. Because the ones who are left who are single, have to deal with the leftover riff raff. Who on earth would admire people who deal with that?

To be honest, I felt bad for them. I know they walked away thinking, "Oh my God I feel so bad for her. She's broke and she's single. I should have told my husband to stop talking so much, it probably made her feel bad."

No, honey. What makes me feel bad is the fact that you think everyone's rich and happy, and I am really jealous that you are able to build such a big bubble like that. Mine always gets burst, quickly. The world is a really harsh place. Maybe I'm here to burst yours. You're always looking at me like I'm crazy anyway.

Anyway, to my girlfriend. I hope this works out for her. I am scheduled to start internet dating the third week of August. Yes, I actually have to set t a time for myself to do it, because I'm a scaredy cat asshole.

The saga continues....

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Married people...and rich!! Oh man! I was put there in that moment. I felt what you did. LOL!!

Brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.