Sunday, January 08, 2006

Riding the Bullet

I never really realized how much of my personality is connected to my cable television. I also never realized how much I am afraid to embrace change. Sound weird? I will explain.

I currently have Comcast Digital Cable that I pay almost $100 a month for. Honestly I can't afford it, but I always defend myself by saying that I really have no extravagances in my life, no shopping, no shoes, no nice restaurants, so I will enjoy having the luxury of watching good cable television. That being said, my cable has been out for the past week. Its been on and off for the past 2 months. I made a service call, they fixed it and it worked for exactly one day, and it went out again the next morning. It has even gotten to the point where I can pinpoint the day and the time it goes out. I can also pinpoint the day it comes back on.

So, the last draw was yesterday, even thought the Comcast people are usually very nice to me, I got a cunt. She was a straight up condescending ghetto ass cunt. See, since I'm in the south, comcast is somewhat of a monopoly here, so you can't really switch cable providers, but I was fed up. I asked her is there anyone on call who they can page to come fix my cable. She said none of the workers come in until Monday. I went into my usual spiel with I pay $95 a month for cable and its off more than its on. Its been fluctuating in and out for two months. She said, "Two months, huh, I thought you just said two weeks." Fucking bitch, that's not what I said. You see people, I usually don't go off on customer service people because they are subordinates and they know less about whats going on than the actual customer. If you're going to cuss someone out, cuss out the district or general managers. She didn't even listen to my complaints, after she got done I said, "Fuck you, I'm getting direct TV bitch."

Direct TV, is way, way less expensive than digital cable, they do provide service in my apartment current complex (although thats not what i was told), and much like when I moved to my apartment last year, I wonder why I didn't switch long time ago. I guess I have been paranoid since birth about making rash decisions, even down to being wary of switching cable providers. Why? It seems when I make a decision completely on my own, it totally goes to shit and my family rides me about it. Not that I should care, but its bad enough when know you do something stupid, but when you have 2 or 3 other people confirming your suspicions it drives you quite insane.

Oh, and where is it I want to move to again? Oh, yeah, clear across the country, right....

3 comments:

Honest said...

ehh You're a good one that takes guts. I've been advised to move to direct TV a gazillion times and a bunch of people on my block have it but I'm too scared. I'm not even sure why.

Anonymous said...

Two months off and on...and you pay how much!! MF please! I would go to town on Comcast for that! I live in Michigan and I have Comcast as well, but I don't pay have of what you pay! My boy has Direct TV and the only thing I dislike about that is when it rains the picture really goes in and out!

Anyway, you sound like you need to make that decision now, before Comcast serves you with some harrassment papers!!! lol

kibwe franklin said...

i had a similiar experience when deciding to switch cell phone services. you can take solace in the fact that there's no fee to break your contract. good blog by the way...