Thursday, June 30, 2005

I wonder did Beyonce have to go through crap like this...

The more I think I understand black men, the less I do. I have accepted my utter loneliness and was ready to move on with my life, whenever that happens something comes in an completely throws me for a fucking loop. I wonder if I looked like Beyonce would I have these problems.

So I was sitting at work minding my own business when I get a text message from an area code that I didn't recognize. I'm like, who the hell is this. Which, coincidentally, is exactly what I text back. Turns out to be one of two of the only one night stands that I have ever had in my life. He is contacting me after a year and a half. The back story is I went to visit my cousin in Indiana and I had just a little too much fun that weekend. I don't even remember giving him my phone number. I remember after it was over I was so convinced that it was a one night stand I ran out the door so I didn't have to have an etched memory of his face in my mind. That entire night's events in fact was a plethora of drunken debauchery, its one of those nights that you have that you know no matter how drunk you get now, you know that you couldn't possibly be as drunk as you were then. So I digress...

I was really suprised I remembered his name, and even more surprised that he remembered me. He was really fine.

So, I text back "oh my god".

He texts back, "LOL what"

"I can't believe you remembered me."

"call"

I text "you too".

This is when I start getting the big head.

Brain, says "Damn, that must have been the best sex of his life if he's trying to get in touch with me after a year and a half. I guess I'll call him and give him a thrill."

I'm outside with a bunch of girls so that doesn't help.

Girls, "That must have been the best sex of his life if he's calling you after a year and a half. You need to call him and find out what he's talking about."

"Yeah, I'll wait until 9 though, let him sweat it out."

After sitting in the car staring at my phone for 10+ minutes I call.

"hello?"
"hey"
"do you know who this is?"
"yeah"
"so did you get my number from Walter or something?"
"no I had a list of phone numbers on my e-mail that I found, and you know."
"you know, what.."
"you know, called you."
"oh. so what are you doing now?"
"still going to school. I'm in detroit now"
"so you sure there's no other reason why you called me besides that you found my number and called?"
"yeah"
"oh."
"well, I'm feeling a little under the weather so I'll hit you up later."
"ok."
"bye."

That's it. seriously. Yes, I was waiting for something about best sex of my life, unrequited love, a connection i have with you like have had with no other woman. Nope, he was bored and decided to call me. I don't know why. Its not like we talked that much the last time we saw each other.

No comments: